[nfbcs] Where to start in computer science:

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 04:11:33 UTC 2018

LaTeX is not a subset of TeX. It's a collection of generalized TeX
macros allowing you to mark up a document and let the LaTeX macros and
their underlying TeX code handle the typesetting.
https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/49/what-is-the-difference-between-tex-and-latex

It's somewhat irrelevant how you want to define LaTeX in relationship to
TeX though. Bottom line is that for the most part, you need to know
LaTeX and not TeX.

--
Christopher (CJ)
Chaltain at Gmail