[nfbcs] Where to start in computer science:

Aaron Cannon cannona at fireantproductions.com
Sat Jan 27 13:16:18 UTC 2018

Hi Kendra.

First off, I disagree that a braille display is essential. I coded for well over a decade before I was able to get a braille display. Is it a valuable tool? Absolutely. But not essential. So if you don't have one, don't let that stop you, or concern you.

For all my editing needs, I use EdSharp. It's showing its age in some ways, but I still use it because it makes managing indentation super simple (though other good editors do as well), Jaws is accurately able to tell me the difference between when the cursor is at the end of the line, and when it is on a space character, and figuring out what line I'm on is a simple keystroke (though again, this is probably available from other editors as well).

Good luck. Like others, the indentation in Python sounds like a bigger barrier than it actually is for us blind folks.

Aaron

--
This message was sent from a mobile device