[nfbcs] choosing a specialization within CS

William Grussenmeyer wdg31415 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 00:47:01 UTC 2018

It's not really a good idea to specialize in one thing as that limits
your job prospects, and a company you might start working for might
move you to another job doing something else if they feel like it.
You also can't know everything.  To be a good software engineer, it's
important to learn the general fundamental cconcepts and ideas, and
then be good at learning new languages and new systems as your job
changes over time.  And lots of jobs will test you on the fundamentals
rather than on one type of specialization.