[nfbcs] CSS assistance:

charleseblack at att.net charleseblack at att.net
Wed Mar 14 17:54:13 UTC 2018

Hello:

I am trying to place elements on the screen using css using both the box and
positioning methods. These elements are boxed elements and I need to
manipulate them outside the normal flow. I do exactly what the book says to
do and it will not work. By viewing my css below, does anyone see my
problem?

/* surrounds entire page */

.cont{

position: relative;

width: 100%;

height: 100%;

}

/* within the cont div group. */

.accessible{

position: fixed;

top: 0%;

left:0%;

text-align: center;

}

/* creates another division within the cont division */

.middle {

position: relative;

top: 0%; /* relative to the accessibility elements */

left: 0%;

right: 0%;

bottom: 55%; /* from bottom of page */

HEIGHT: 40%;

width: 100%;

}

/* from inside of the .middle division */

.menuLeft {

position: absolute; /* absolute from the .middle top left courner. */

top: 0%;

left: 0%;

right: 80%;

bottom: 0%;

width: 20%;

hight: 100%;

    text-align: left;

}

/* absolute placement from .middle top left courner */

.textCenter {

position: absolute;

top: 0%;

left: 30%;

right: 0%;

bottom: 0%;

width: 65%;

height: 100%;

    padding: 0%;

margins: 0%;

boarder: none;

}

/* .middle ends here on page  */

/* new bottom division relative to .middle division */

.bottom {

display: block;

height:40%;

width: 100%;

}

/* three picture boxes placed beside each other, relative to the other */

.picLeft,

.picMiddle,

.picRight {

display: inline-block;

                width:30%;

height: 100%;

margin:3px;

}

/* .bottom division ends here */

/* textBottom division is 10% from bottom of .cont division and screen width
by default */

.textBottom{

position: fixed;

                bottom: 10%;