[nfbcs] accessible reference management software

Currin, Kevin kwcurrin at email.unc.edu
Tue Mar 20 17:54:28 UTC 2018

Hi Nikita,

In my experience, using LaTeX alongside BibTeX is the only completely accessible reference management option for screenreader users. This is unfortunate because the learning curve is high. I briefly tried endnote, zotero, and mendely, and found endnote to be more accessible than either mendeley or zotero. Take this with a grain of salt however, because I already new LaTeX and quickly switched over to LaTeX/BibTeX when I encountered accessibility issues with endnote/zotero/mendeley. Others likely have additional suggestions.

Kevin