[nfbcs] Please Read This RE: JAWS Now Supports Firefox Again

Littlefield, Tyler tyler at tysdomain.com
Sat Mar 24 04:44:37 UTC 2018

Yes, jaws 2018 is an upgrade, it's technically jaws 19 and superceeds
jaws 18. The goal is that it's now easier for people to know when their
version came out, at least that's what I presume and makes it easier to
know which version you have. Many updates to 2018 have been rolled out
recently.
Thanks,

On 3/23/2018 11:46 PM, Nicole Torcolini via nfbcs wrote:
> Some answers:
>
> 1.      JAWS: Firefox 59 only works with JAWS 2018. This is not an update
> that you can download using the check for updates feature; you have to
> download it from Freedom Scientific, and it probably counts as an SMA point.
>
> 2.      Slowness: If Firefox is being really slow, it is because, in trying
> to make Firefox faster, they set a default that was supposed to help but
> does not for most people. If you open the Windows task manager to find
> anywhere from two to four Firefox processes, then this new feature is turned
> on. Here is how to fix it:
>
> a.       Open Firefox and type about:config in the address field.
>
> b.      After pressing enter, press the button that says that you accept the
> risk.
>
> c.       Type autostart in the search field and tab to the list of results.
>
> d.      Press the applications key or shift F10 to open the context menu and
> press enter on the item that says toggle value.
>
> e.       Restart Firefox.
>
> 3.      History and book marks: This happened to me, too-it seems to be more
> likely on business computers. Fear not, though, they are not lost-just
> hidden. Go to tools >> options. If using JAWS, turn off the virtual cursor.
> Arrow to the privacy and security page-the new Firefox seems to jump to the
> first item every time that the page changes, so you will have to tab back
> and forth. Once there, tab to the box that says to use private mode and
> uncheck it.
>

> Please let me know if you have any other questions. I am not an expert on
> Firefox, but I may be able to help solve some of the problems.

>>> 7
>>> 374cd0408264e808d58fb63d16%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0
>>> %
>>> 7C636572935219572981&sdata=tIR%2By7O8ZV7TlVZOFgi2BCWW7UILozLstbL72zVs
>>> a
>>> gM%3D&reserved=0 To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your
>>> account info for
>>> nfbcs:
>>>  <https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fnfbn>
> https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fnfbn

>>> t.org%2Fmailman%2Foptions%2Fnfbcs_nfbnet.org%2Fblind%2540trailstone.c
>>> m&data=02%7C01%7C%7C6ae0f7374cd0408264e808d58fb63d16%7C84df9e7fe9f640
>>> fb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636572935219572981&sdata=fFMIzlciFn3vNnMS
>>> w
>>> s9l4jWOD11oKwN9R8dZi4QvJjw%3D&reserved=0
>>> 7
>>> 374cd0408264e808d58fb63d16%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0
>>> %
>>> 7C636572935219572981&sdata=tIR%2By7O8ZV7TlVZOFgi2BCWW7UILozLstbL72zVs
>>> a
>>> gM%3D&reserved=0 To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your
>>> account info for
>>> nfbcs:
>>>  <https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fnfbn>
> https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fnfbn

>>> t.org%2Fmailman%2Foptions%2Fnfbcs_nfbnet.org%2Fljmaher03%2540outlook.
>>> c
>>> om&data=02%7C01%7C%7C6ae0f7374cd0408264e808d58fb63d16%7C84df9e7fe9f64
>>> 0
>>> afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636572935219572981&sdata=6prjND93g%2Bk2Z
>>> h
>>> fw3h4lOxlbr6pF4SZWblPSMvD1pXE%3D&reserved=0