[nfbcs] LaTeX [was "Re: Computer science mentors?"]

Mike Gorse mike at straddlethebox.org
Fri Mar 30 01:38:35 UTC 2018

I agree that there are probably going to be things that students will be
expected to pick up on their own. For instance, my college didn't, say,
have a class to teach Unix, but knowing it was required for various
classes. Professors may have given basic guidance as needed, and everyone
was in the same boat, in terms of needing to learn it if they didn't know
it already. I probably could have got my BS degree without ever learning
LaTeX, using MS Word to write papers, except that I had
accessibility-related reasons for at least needing to be able to read it
and also rarely used Windows.