[NFBCS] Linux users

Jack Heim john at johnheim.com
Mon Aug 5 18:42:35 UTC 2019

I am unclear on what you are saying. Does your DVR counsellor have that
level of control over your career? I didn't ask my DVR counsellor for
permission to become a Linux systems administrator. I just did it. It
would never have occured to me to have checked with the DVR first.

Maybe it works different in different states. In your state, does the
DVR dictate which college you attend or which classes you take? If you
sign yourself up at some university like Ohio State or Wisconsin and
start taking classes on Linux systems admin, are they going to say you
can't do that? They won't provide you with a reader if you do that? To
me that would be strange.

If it really is a problem, I think you should come in armed with facts
like how every super computer in the world runs Linux. Some huge
percentage of web servers run Linux. Show them the job descriptions on
job search web sites looking for Linux skills.