[NFBCS] NVDA add-on: Feature idea: Settings ring style option for Developer toolkit

Andy Borka sonfire11 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 14:06:04 UTC 2019

Hi,

I am curious, what would DTK users think about having a settings ring style
option while using the add-on? My thought is this: When DTK features are
enabled, pressing control+s turns on a settings ring style option where you
could left/right arrow through the available settings. While on a setting
such as detailed messages, pressing up/down arrow cycles through the
available options. In the case of detailed messages, the options are
enabled or disabled. Pressing control+s again will then turn the settings
ring off, returning control back to other DTK features. Let me know what
you think over the weekend. This will be another major undertaking because
it will modify the entire infrastructure for the entire add-on.

Andy Borka
Accessibility advocate for blind and visually impaired software developers