[NFBCS] question about Google Docs

Curtis Chong chong.curtis at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 14:28:35 UTC 2019

Greetings:

There are a couple of things to note with respect to the G Suite line of
products which includes Google Docs.

First, you really need to be using the most current versions of both JAWS
and Google Chrome. Any improvements that are going to happen regarding the
interaction of these two programs will not be applied to older versions.

Secondly, as of right now, in Google Docs, screen reader accessibility needs
to be on and braille support needs to be off.

I have learned a lot about Google Docs and other Google products lately.
Roger Benz from Google provided us with quite a bit of information at this
year's meeting of the NFB in Computer Science. While it isn't perfect, it is
much better than it was a few years ago.Recordings of that meeting are now
available to NFBCS members.

I hope this helps. If not, send me email privately.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong