[nfbcs] My Story of 2018

Selvin Linder linder.selvin23 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 01:11:50 UTC 2019

HI all:

I am so excited to share this story with you all. First I want to say thank
you to the NFB for making this possible.

I did not know anything about the NFB my Mom does a lot of research and
this is how she found out about this wonderful organization. I am visually
impaired. I read large print and use ZoomText a lot. I know on how it feels
to be blind. I know how blindness is challenging for blind individuals.
This wonderful organization is so good getting the blind connected.

Mrs. Peret is doing a great job in the Mentoring program. I hope he gets
one started in NC I will help him to spread the word and get more people
involved. Please help spread the word if you know anyone else in North
Caroline. We need to help more people who are blind. This would not be
possible with out your help.

Here Is how I got connected to somebody in North Caroline. The NFB
Mentoring Coordinator found this one man he know in NC and he told him that
I wanted to talk to somebody about the Computer. The guy was able to get a
hold of me. We got to know each other better when we met in person on
December 7th of 2018, This was because I wanted to job shadow at SAS he and
his wife took me on the tour and we also went on a campus tour at NC State
university.  I got to talk to 3 or 4 blind people on that day to see how
they do things in every day life. I also ask on how they got to where there
at. They told me it take hard work to get to where you want. Curtis Chong
did a lot with me on how the work field for blind people is so hard to get
in.

That means that we have to work extra hard. I am always opened for
questions By email or phone. I am also volunteering for 2 organization I am
a doobert rescue volunteer. If you like answer question or coordinating
trips you my want to sign up on Doobert to be a transport coordinator these
read more at doobert.com. Please consider donating to this Organization we
are trying to help animals

--
*Transport Coordinator Volunteer *