[NFBCS] Cloning Git repository in Visual Studio 2019

w3explorer at gmail.com w3explorer at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 04:57:57 UTC 2019

Hi All,

I recently got a new Windows 10 computer and installed Visual Studio 2019
Pro on it.  The Git repository I'm trying to clone is hosted on
VisualStudio.com.  I'm able to connect to the server but when I clone the
repository it creates a local folder having the repo name but is totally
empty.  I get a message in the Team Explorer saying it is initiating the
cloning  process and in the Output pane it says "Cloning <local path>" where
<local path> is the actual path.  But nothing happens after that.

I've successfully clone this repo using VS2019 Pro on an older machine that
had both VS2017 Pro and VS2019 Pro on it.  Not sure if VS2017 had anything
to do with it.  It's been so long since I last did it.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dan