[NFBCS] best solution for remote linux terminal work

Littlefield, Tyler tyler at tysdomain.com
Fri Aug 7 21:25:42 UTC 2020

Hello Bryan,
To respond to your comment about local editing:
1) This is as simple as opening the editor, typing, hitting save and
it's uploaded. there's a tiny bit of delay, but it's really small and
you wouldn't notice it by the time you got back to your terminal. Most
editors these days will preserve your line endings, so you're not
converting to and from.
The only place I know of that this falls flat is when editing files via
sudo, for example, because you don't scp sudo and therefore have to
copy, edit, then sudo copy back. I will agree this is ineficient.
If you don't care about using insert+page down in the crt window, you (I
believe) can stick your cursor col/line in the status bar.

Not sure if any of this helps.