[NFBCS] Terminal emulation

Glen Gordon GGordon at Vispero.com
Mon Feb 3 19:33:17 UTC 2020

Hi, Tracy,

We did some work last year to make JAWS work well with both SecureCRT and PuTTY and include basic scripts for both.  Are either of those an option?

We once worked with Hummingbird but haven't tested it recently.

--Glen

Glen Gordon
Vispero(tm) | Software Fellow
17757 US Highway 19 N, Suite 560, Clearwater, FL 33764
T 727-803-8000 F 727-803-8001
ggordon at vispero.com
www.vispero.com

-----Original Message-----
From: NFBCS <nfbcs-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Tracy Carcione via NFBCS
Sent: Monday, February 3, 2020 12:41 PM
To: nfbcs at nfbnet.org
Cc: Tracy Carcione <carcione at access.net>
Subject: [NFBCS] Terminal emulation

I am trying to get a terminal emulator working with Jaws and Windows 10.
Hummingbird is working reasonably well, with one big exception.  When I start typing in Edit, Jaws stops reading reliably.  The cursor turns from the vertical bar I set into a big blob, and Jaws doesn't see it.  I'm guessing the blob is why Jaws doesn't see it.
I called the charmers at FS tech support, and my helper had me check an item in the JCF file, which had to be either 254 or 255.  We tried both, but neither solved the problem.

I see something in the Jaws settting center about horizontal and vertical cursor dimensions, but Googling those settings yielded nothing.

I'd welcome any thoughts on these things.  Tomorrow, I'll sit on hold for another Jaws tech person.
Tracy