[NFBCS] Terminal emulation

cathy at sks.com cathy at sks.com
Wed Feb 12 16:14:38 UTC 2020

Tracy,

I totally agree with your frustration. Everyone in my company is using Blue
Zone for 3270 emulation and I am still on IBM PCSW because I can't get Blue
Zone to work with JAWS. Now I am having great frustration with IBM PCSW so I
need to look for a new option I suspect.

Thank goodness I have proven my ability to get the job done or I would not
be able to keep my job.

It is very frustrating to require a different emulator because I have to be
my own support. Every time I get a new laptop I am required to make sure
they have installed my special emulator. It seems as though, as time goes
on, I need to have more and more different software than my colleagues
because less and less works well with JAWS. Currently I am required to
submit time sheet changes to someone else to apply to my time sheet because
I can't use our time sheet software.

Okay, I will step off of my soap box and just say that, as a blind person in
the technology field, you need to be self-motivated to make sure your
software works well enough to get the job done.
Sometimes that means finding a different software package than other
coworkers use that works more efficiently with JAWS.