[NFBCS] 3270 emulation - success!

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed Feb 12 19:33:31 UTC 2020

I got a demo copy of QWS3270, as Steve recommended, and, once I found how to
set the cursor, it worked perfectly!  Dancing for joy!

I was able to edit a job, submit it, and review the results, all without any
problems.  I'll use it all day tomorrow, but so far it looks good.

Kathy, and anyone who wants to know, I was only able to get to the menus by
using the Jaws cursor and the Jaws mouse.  The cursor options are under
session layout.  I was not able to tab or arrow to cursor properties.  I
could only find it by looking with the Jaws cursor and using the Jaws mouse
to click it.  It stayed set when I closed the session, then opened a new
one.

Blinking and vertical bar are what's working for me.  The font is Courier
New.  Not sure of the size-I didn't find where to set it, but the default is
working OK.

Steve, thanks a million!  I am so relieved to have this working on my new
laptop with Windows 10.

I also wanted to say, even before I got this thing working, that having the
NFBCS here to help and encourage me has really made a difference in my life.
I've gotten some great advice, and I don't feel like I'm all alone,
splashing about in the swamp in the dark and hoping I don't get eaten by an
alligator.

Tracy