[NFBCS] Best Accessible Email Newsletter

Jack Heim john at johnheim.com
Thu Feb 20 13:48:03 UTC 2020

It probably depends on your audience. Guide Dogs for the Blind does
their newsletter in plain text. If there is a URL, they just put it in
there in plain text. Thats not as inconvenient as it sounds because if
you read your mail on a PC, you can pretty easily cut & paste the URL
into a browser. If you read your email on an iPhone, it recognizes it as
a link and allows you to tap on it anyway.  I am guessing Android does
that as well.

The New York Times takes the opposite approach. Its newsletter is an
HTML document with embedded pictures and links. You must have your email
program set to display HTML to make sense of it.