[NFBCS] Accessibility for programmers

rjaquiss rjaquiss at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 25 19:44:07 UTC 2020

Hello:

     Long years ago, I worked at Tektronix. We had CDC Cyber computers. My
boss suggested that I broaden my skills and learn Unix and C. Unix being a
command oriented system was easy to learn. There was even a package called
Learn that provided lessons in C, the shell, ex, nroff etc.  All was well
until groups began using packages called Motiff and Openlook. These were
inaccessible. I ended up learning Novelle and Banyan networking. Eventually,
the Banyan system began to be replaced and I had to deal with Windows
networking in the late ninetys. After a layoff and some grad school, I ended
up working at the NFBJI.
Perhaps some specific projects can be proposed that need work. A specific
project could be funded by a grant(s).

Regards,

Robert