[NFBCS] chm files:

Jim Bauer holdsworthfan at eml.cc
Thu Jul 9 01:10:11 UTC 2020

You could try decompiling it with hh.exe if you're comfortable with the command line. If successful for your particular help file, you should be able to  read the resulting  HTML files in your web browser, but there may be the added pain of finding the actual files you want.

I just tried this in Win10 1909 and it still works.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/desktop/htmlhelp/decompiling-a-help-file