[NFBCS] Slack

charles.vanek at gmail.com charles.vanek at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 13:05:03 UTC 2020

Good morning,
I'd add to the list of commands CTRL+T, this opens up the "Quick Switcher"
which if you are just wanting to find 1 person or 1 channel to message you
can press CTRL+T then just start typing and a list of suggestions will
appear below.  Press Enter on the one you want to message.  You can also
press CTRL+T and down arrow without typing anything and the first items will
be Direct Messages or Channels with unreads.

Also a tip working with Slack on iPhone or any iPhone or iOS device / App.
I strongly recommend getting a Bluetooth keyboard.  I've got two, both were
about $60 for a good one.  With a keyboard you can write messages quickly,
but you also can use quick nav which is accessed by pressing the right and
left arrow keys simultaneously to turn it on and off.   When ON you can do a
lot of tasks from the keyboard just like with a desktop computer.  H to move
headings, right and left arrows one at a time mimic swipes, up and down will
mimic swipes up and down for whatever is set in the rotor which you can also
change from the keyboard with either left or right keys simultaneously with
the up arrow.  I'd bet AppleViz or somebody including apple has a good how
to guide on the quick nav.

Also anyone who uses a Mac will feel right at home with a Bluetooth keyboard
on iOS.  I'm a JAWS user myself 90% of the time but do find myself on iOS
and Mac.

Good luck,
Charles