[NFBCS] Accessible Python Editor?

yllekann at gmail.com yllekann at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 17:49:32 UTC 2020

Hello,
     I am about to graduate from the Colorado Center for the Blind, and will be heading off to college for a computer science degree this fall. The professor of CS-111 (my first formal course in the field) will be using Python as the teaching language. I have been playing with Python since seventh grade, but I was content to use a very basic editor on my iPad, which will not work here because I will be required to import additional libraries and I prefer editing on the computer anyway.
     I experimented with NotePad++, but ran into problems when attempting to run my Python files. For now, I am running them with the command line and using a different cursor to explore the output, but that only works some of the time. Do any of you know of a reliable and accessible platform that can edit (or at least run) .py files? It would be great if the program could handle other languages like Java and C++, but it's not a requirement just yet. Thank you for any input!

Kelly Cusack