[NFBCS] Thunderbird

chaltain at gmail.com chaltain at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 13:29:17 UTC 2020

I typically don't use Thunderbird in Windows, but I do use it in Linux. I
don't open a new window by pressing enter. Instead, I just use the F6 key to
jump to the preview pane. Interestingly enough, I just pulled up Thunderbird
under Windows, opened up a message in it's own tab with the enter key, and
control+w didn't close the window, just as you described. After closing
thunderbird and restarting, it worked just fine though. The Escape key also
worked for me but not the first time either. Note that I open my messages in
a new tab when I press the enter key. You might want to try experimenting
with opening messages in a new tab or a new window. I'm not sure what the
default is any more.

--
Christopher (AKA CJ)
Chaltain at Gmail