[NFBCS] Jaws and shell scripts

Jim Barbour jbar at barcore.com
Tue Jun 9 16:51:38 UTC 2020

Hello,

First of all, I assume you’re talking about bash scripting.

I do not have a lot of experience working with windows shells and jars, because when I work on Linux I work on it directly. However, I see lots of other advice on here about that piece of the equation.

It is likely that you will not use the VI editor directly, but rather one of its successors such as VIM.

You could also try using the Emacs editor, ignoring Emacs speak for the time being, which is another full screen editor you can run in the terminal.

Finally, you can use a line based editor such as EX.  EX comes up at a prompt, and lets you insert text, do string replacements, Delete text, etc. I think it can often be a nicer accessibility experience Then using a full screen editor.

Happy to answer my questions, hope this helps,

Jim

Written while on the move,,