[NFBCS] Reporting a Phishing E-mail To Microsoft

Louis Maher ljmaher03 at outlook.com
Sun Jun 28 19:09:08 UTC 2020

Hello,

How do you report a phishing e-mail to Microsoft?  The procedure is described at:
"https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/how-to-deal-with-phishing-in-outlook-com-0d882ea5-eedc-4bed-aebc-079ffa1105a3?wt.mc_id=office_outlook_com_alchemy&ui=en-us&rs=en-us&ad=us".

The procedure is:
To report a message as phishing in Outlook.com
list of 2 items
1. In the message list, select the message or messages you want to report.
2. Above the reading pane, select Junk > Phishing > Report to report the message sender.
A screenshot of the Junk button in Outlook.com.
list end

Please note the ever helpful screen shot.

Traditionally I go into my input box, select the suspicious e-mail, hit the context menu, and look at the junk options.  Phishing is not one of these options.

To read an e-mail: I hit enter on an e-mail, and I am taken to a view of the e-mail which I then read.  I do not think this is the reading view.  Anyway, I can't find any phishing options.

To turn the reading view on, hit alt + f, arrow up to options, hit enter, tab to general, arrow down to mail, and tab around until you get to the reading view options.  I turned reading view on, but my Outlook did not seem to change.

If you do not know, do not spend any time on it.  I will be calling Microsoft disability help tomorrow.  Apparently disability help gets Sundays off now, and that is a good thing.

Regards
Louis Maher
Phone: 713-444-7838
E-mail ljmaher03 at outlook.com<mailto:ljmaher03 at outlook.com>