[NFBCS] Cleaning a braille display

Joseph C. Lininger joe at pcdesk.net
Sat Mar 14 20:48:09 UTC 2020

Sorry it took me a while to respond to this; just seeing this message.

You can buy 90% alcohol in stores and pharmacies. The reason you
shouldn't use cotton is the fibers will separate and possibly get stuck
in your display. Use a soft lint free cloth instead; microfiber is a
good choice. I've also done it with a soft paper towel in the past, but
be careful if you go that route. Microfiber cloths are the ones you buy
to clean, for example, a flat computer screen. Those cloths people buy
to wipe down the body of their cars are also often microfiber.
Joe