[NFBCS] Accessible COVID-19 stats

Bryan Duarte bjduarte at asu.edu
Mon Mar 23 15:03:45 UTC 2020

Hey Ty,

This is a cool little site you put together. Do you know how often the API data is being updated? I know it should be real time or as data is updated but maybe this one is not. Perhaps you could add a date or time field to the data to accompany the numbers. There might even be a date/time field in the API that is updated with when data is reported. I am only suggesting this because according to the news, China has had 0 new cases since Thursday of last week but the site is displaying 39. This would also be a useful feature once you add state data since that information matters that close to home.

Great job man! This is a cool tool and done with the best of intensions. Love the donation aspect of the site as well.

Bryan Duarte | software engineer

Arizona State University Computer Science Ph.D Student
IGERT Fellow <http://www.igert.org/projects/264.html>
Alliance for Person-centered Accessible Technology
Center for Cognitive Ubiquitous Computing <https://cubic.asu.edu/>
Google Scholar Profile <https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=MQPPCGYAAAAJ>