[NFBCS] Some Webex Information

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at outlook.com
Mon Mar 30 13:54:08 UTC 2020

Tracy,

A friend of mine supplied some information below that, even if it doesn't work, may give you ideas on a path forward.  It appears that there should be a link within the "notes" associated with the invitation.  Some of what is below will vary with versions of Webex and also Outlook, so it is impossible to know if you will get the same results.  It does sound like using the iPhone webex app is simpler.

(Begin excerpt)
1. Open the calendar invite
2. Shift + tab to the notes field where the link is
3. Press caps lock or insert + F5 to bring up a links list (it's not F7 like
on the web)
4. Press enter on the join link. It's usually either "join" or "join
meeting."
5. This will open up a browser window
6. Put in your info if requested, then press enter on join.
7. Wait for a while for WebEx to pop up.
8. When it does, tab to the button about connecting audio and video.
9. Note that you may have to wait for the button to load, and you will
almost certainly hear messages about having a poor connection. (I get this
every day, even on fiber.)
10. Additionally, if you get bounced off the button, or if the meeting is
already in progress, you may have to tab through the buttons to find it
again, and you may have to jump through sections of the window with F6, as
you can get bounced out of the connect section.
11. Once you're sure you're safely on the button for connecting audio and
video, press space. It will either read the button again, or it will say
unchecked.
12. Press it again to check it.
13. At this point, the button *should* change to connect audio. If it does,
press space again, and it should connect.
If those steps don't work because you don't have a default audio source set,
you will have to do that as well. Unfortunately, I don't have the steps
memorized for that. Last time I needed to do it, I had to have the help desk
set it for me because the controls weren't read properly.

Second, the iPhone
Prereq: Make sure the WebEx app is installed.
1. Open the invite in your client of choice.
2. Tap join or join meeting.
3. The client will load and prompt you for a connection. Choose one.
4. There's no step 4. Shocking, isn't it?
(End of excerpt)

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson