[NFBCS] Creating Desktop Shortcuts For Apps Acquired From The Microsoft Store

Humberto Avila humberto_avila.it104 at outlook.com
Thu May 7 19:10:27 UTC 2020

Hello,

I have looked into this myself. I used to be able to create hot keys for most programs in the past, even under Windows 7 and 8, like, Control+Alt+W for word and to be able to put things on the desktop.
That ability seems to be removed from the Windows altogether, as of now, as of Windows 10 V 1909 update. I've looked all around for solutions but no cigar.

I'd say, for conventional apps like Office or apps that can have LNK shortcuts, you can open the file location, and / or search for the Start menu or whatever is under your users folder, then look for the shortcut to the app in question and then do an Applications key (or Shift+F10)

Hit N for "Send to submenu", press Enter, and hit D for Desktop (create shortcut)

This unfortunately doesn't appear to work for Windows store apps.

As for drag and drop, yeah, I've also run into some of these challenges as well.

“Positive thinking leads to a positive attitude which leads to positive actions which lead to positive outcomes.”
— ME