[NFBCS] REGISTRATION FOR MEMBERSHIP IN THE NFBCS DIVISION OF THE NFB IS NOW OPEN

Brian Buhrow buhrow at nfbcal.org
Wed May 13 22:44:24 UTC 2020

	hello everyone!  This is Brian Buhrow, president of the NFB in
Computer Science.  I'm writing to remind everyone on this  list that you
can register as a member of the NFB in Computer Science Divison, today,
on-line, for only $5!  Membership in the divison affords you the ability to
receive a copy of the recorded meeting, allowing you to refer back to it
for important news and tips on how to do your work or how to go about
trying something new in the field of computing technology.  In addition, it
gives you the right to vote in this year's board elections.  And, that is
why, I encourage you  to sign up as a member as early as possible!  Because
this year's meeting will be virtual, we'll be taking votes from our
membership -- the official membership as denoted by our registration
process.  The details of how we'll be collecting said votes is still in
process, but it's safe to say that if you're not signed up as a member,
your vote won't be counted in the election process.  To ensure your vote is
collected for this year's meeting, I encourage you to sign up before June
30, 2020.

	Let me stress that everyone is welcome and encouraged to participate
in our annual divison meeting, regardless of their membership status.

	In addition to electing our board this year, we'll be deciding how to
spend our funds.  Again, that will be part of the voting process, so if
you're interested in having a vote in that process, sign up early!

	I'll send out periodic reminders and updates as we refine the process
of building this year's meeting.  And, if there's something you'd like to
hear about at this year's meeting, drop me a line off-list and let me know
what you're interested in.  I can't promise we'll get to it in the agenda,
but I'll try to build an agenda that's of interest to as many people as I
can.
	the link to register is below.  Share it, save it as a bookmark for
future years.

Sincerely,
Brian Buhrow, President, NFB in Computer Science

https://web.nfbcal.org/nfbcsreg