[NFBCS] WEBEX Help

Rasmussen, Lloyd lras at loc.gov
Thu May 14 17:06:35 UTC 2020

The Library of Congress uses Webex for lots of conferences that require outside calls. I don't use a client on my PC. Instead I use my cell phone to call the number provided. Then I have a limited amount of time to punch in the 9-digit code; sometimes I only get it on the third try. We use a different phone number than the one Tracy mentioned. On Zoom you can use a variety of phone numbers; I don't know whether Webex works this way or not. I was able to somewhat improve the audio quality of Webex calls by using Wi-Fi calling on my phone.
For Zoom calls I use the Zoom app for the iPhone; the quality of audio can be quite good compared to that offered by Webex.
Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Staff Engineer, NLS, working at home