[NFBCS] How Do I Get JAWS 2021 to Say "Blank" Instead of "Paragraph mark" in Word

Curtis Chong chong.curtis at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 21:14:11 UTC 2020

Hello Nicole:

First off, go into Word and ensure that paragraph marks are not displayed
within the document. You do this by going to File > Options> Display. I
usually like to have my paragraph marks displayed; hence, I made this
change, and JAWS 2021 behaved as it should in my case.

Since I myself like to hear HAWS tell me about paragraph marks, I went into
the Sound Schemes manager and change "paragraph mark" to "Parra.".

I believe the first option will solve your problem, but I can't for the life
of me figure out how you got the paragraph marks to be displayed in Word to
begin with.

I hope this helps.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong