[NFBCS] Potential Issue with Latest JAWS

Nathaniel Schmidt schmidty2244 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 06:42:31 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I am having a strange issue that only started with the last JAWS version as
of this writing (v2020.2008.24).  When I open a text editor such as
Notepad++, for example, JAWS will periodically not speak the text under the
PC cursor when navigating through the text with the arrow keys.  The only
way to fix this problem seems to be to re-start JFW altogether.  And yes, I
have restarted my computer after updating.

I may or may not be making circumstantially invalid correlations here;
however, I have noticed that this error only appears to occur whenever I
have recently opened a convenient OCR window and OCRed a PDF doc for
instance.  Otherwise things appear to be normal.

Anyone got any suggestions? It's a frustrating new development, as I am
studying a degree that requires me to do a lot of programming and NPP is my
preferred editor of choice for this field of study.

Regards,

Nathaniel

Nathaniel Schmidt

Undergraduate student

Bachelor of Computer Science (S306)

School of Information Technology

Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment

Deakin University, Cloud campus

https://sync.deakin.edu.au/profiles/student/njschmidt/

Std. ID: 220493627

E: njschmidt at deakin.edu.au <mailto:njschmidt at deakin.edu.au>