[NFBCS] difficult to read pdf

Bryan Duarte bjduarte at asu.edu
Tue Sep 1 16:09:59 UTC 2020

For those who need access to pdf content but do not particularly care about formating can use a utility in Unix and Linux called pdf2text. I wrote a script with this about two years ago to convert pdf documents into text so I could read them and make notes, extract text, etc. I have to read some where around 40 or 50 papers a month which are all pdf and it is much easier to read them in txt rather than pdf.

The script I wrote will traverse through a specified directory, find all pdf documents, convert them to text using the utility I mentioned, then save them with the same file name in a directory called text.

Bryan Duarte | software engineer

Arizona State University Computer Science Ph.D Student
IGERT Fellow <http://www.igert.org/projects/264.html>
Alliance for Person-centered Accessible Technology
Center for Cognitive Ubiquitous Computing <https://cubic.asu.edu/>
Google Scholar Profile <https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=MQPPCGYAAAAJ>