[NFBCS] Weird JAWS Problem on Windows 10 with Text Editor

Nicole Torcolini ntorcolini at wavecable.com
Tue Sep 1 18:38:15 UTC 2020

	Okay, so I reinstalled JAWS, including the Braille display drivers.
I also disabled the second display driver, which was NVIDIA--the remaining
one is intel. Finally, I updated to the latest TexNicCenter. Even though the
laptop that works is running the older version, I figured that
troubleshooting would be easier with the most recent version.
	I have the latest version of JAWS.
	Oh, and I tried turning off anything that might be putting some
other window over the TexNicCenter window.
	Currently, the letters are presented on the Braille display, and the
cursor routing buttons work, but JAWS does not speak the letters when
navigating by character, and I have to refresh the screen when I move to
another line.
	Per the output when pressing ALT delete, the first time says
PC Cursor 0, 0
And the second time says
FSDom edit2 cursor 0, 0
	Does that mean anything?
	Finally, I discovered that the Focus 80 does work with NVDA, so I
can use that for now. Also, I have the laptop that does work with
TexNicCenter, but it is reeeeeaaaaaalllllly slow, even though it has 16 GB
of RAM. Anyone have suggestions for speeding up a slow Windows 10 machine?

Nicole