[NFBCS] Perhaps we need a Braille converter

Rasmussen, Lloyd lras at loc.gov
Wed Sep 9 03:06:31 UTC 2020

Try reading some braille material using BARD Mobile for iOS. I think you'll find that the algorithm implemented in that software will meet most of your requirements. The function is called braille reflow, and you need to set your braille line length to that of your display.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Staff Engineer
National Library Service for the Blind and Print Disabled
Library of Congress, Washington, DC 20542
202-707-0535     https://nls.loc.gov
The preceding opinions are my own and not necessarily those of the Library of Congress, NLS.