[NFBCS] Accessible Desktop E-Mail Applications

Nicole Torcolini ntorcolini at wavecable.com
Sat Sep 12 17:13:23 UTC 2020

Google does not have a desktop app for mail.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 12, 2020, at 10:04 AM, Peter via NFBCS <nfbcs at nfbnet.org> wrote:

Hello again everyone,

   This is a follow up to my earlier message concerning the issues with
Outlook. At one time we had multiple desktop E-Mail apps on our computers.
We've used Thunderbird successfully as well as Eudora. I'm not sure how
usable these clients are with Jaws these days. We're running JFW 2020 with
Windows 10. The version with Outlook we're running is included with
Microsoft 365. I would think that if others are having the shut-down issues
we're having with this version of Outlook Microsoft should have released a
patch to fix it by now. Since it's been a while since we've been desktop
E-Mail application shopping we'd be curious to know what other E-Mail
clients you're using and how well they work with JFW. I've heard of Windows
Mail but don't know how usable it is. I'd also be curious to know if Google
offers a desktop E-Mail Application in addition to their cloud-based suite
of apps, Docs, Sheets, etc.

   If we're going to have the technicians come back out to help us
resolve this problem we want results so our money will be well spent. Thanks
again for your help and suggestions.

Peter Donahue