[NFBCS] Copying information from the Zoom Chat

Curtis Chong chong.curtis at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 22:54:39 UTC 2020

Louis:

I have found that it is not possible to activate individual links sent
through a chat with Zoom. Nor is it possible to copy individual parts of the
chat. What I did try with JAWS was to focus on the chat text history and to
select all of the chat with CTRL+A. Copying the result into Notepad at least
gave me all of the text, which I could parse and isolate relevant portions
of the text.

If you hear the link spoken as a part of your Zoom session and you act
immediately, you can capture the link text through the JAWS speech history
function: INSERT+SPACE, H.

Other than these steps, I'm not sure how else this can be performed.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong