[NFBCS] Braille printers

Buddy Brannan buddy at brannan.name
Fri Aug 20 15:59:44 UTC 2021

The Basic-D is still available, at the same price as it’s always been. Not cheap, around $3500, but it’s there. I’m not at all sure what’s happened with the Enabling printers. I think HumanSwear was selling them for a while, but then they changed vendors. At any rate, the Juliets were around the same price. Ditto the Columbia (newer edition) from ViewPlus. A few years ago, ViewPlus was sellinghte Columbia on special for like $1200 or $1300. I couldn’t pass it up, even though I didn’t need an embosser at the time, because the Juliet Pro 60 I had custody of was still OK. It still is, by the way, but the Columbia is faster, so I use it more. Anyway, seems there’s no such special on now. I think there’s a slower single sided embosser from either ViewPlus or Erie for around $2000, but I don’t know much more than that. Troll eBay though, there are often older embossers lurking there.

Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Email: buddy at brannan.name
Mobile: (814) 431-0962