[NFBCS] linux talking installer

charleseblack126 at gmail.com charleseblack126 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 00:54:49 UTC 2021

Install Ubuntu, has speech, press windows+alt+s to activate. You may have to
activate it after installation but then should be active throughout usage.
Black, Charles E. MS. Charleseblack126 at gmail.com -----Original Message-----
From: NFBCS On Behalf Of Maurice A. Mines via NFBCS Sent: Wednesday,
December 1, 2021 12:05 PM To: NFB in Computer Science Mailing List Cc:
Maurice A. Mines ; Marvin Hunkin Subject: Re: [NFBCS] linux talking
installer Good morning, I downloaded the accessible coconut distribution and
was unable to get it installed into a parallels virtual machine. So what I'm
thinking I'm going to do is install Ubuntu, then add orca. And see how well
this works. If anyone has any advice regarding watch distribution works in a
parallels virtual machine running on a 2020 Intel MacBook Pro I'd be
certainly happy to read your thoughts. I probably won't get a chance to do
this until after the end of next week however yes final exams first. Then do
something different for a while after. Any thoughts? Just be aware I'm
dictating this to the computer in Windows using dictation software. So if
there's something written above that you absolutely don't understand, please
reach out to me and asked me what my original intent may have been? I look
forward to clearing up in the misunderstandings that might arise as a result
of what I've written above. Thank you very much for reading this. On
12/1/2021 7:54 AM, Paul York via NFBCS wrote: > Haven't tried it personally
(for me, Linux is to be tolerated, not > embraced), but "Accessible Coconut"
is based on Ubuntu 20.04 and > appears mostly up to date. Slint
unfortunately appears to have gone > dormant. :( > > Accessible-Coconut
download | SourceForge.net > > > Will be curious to hear your thoughts on it
if it works for you. > > On Wed, Dec 1, 2021 at 3:25 AM Marvin Hunkin via
NFBCS > > wrote: > >> Hi. Any linux on this group can help. Need to do an
assignment and >> got vm ware player. Need a talking linux iso, and also
documentation >> how to use the orca screen reader, and need the gui
desktop. As need >> to do screen shots to install it, and then import the
screen shots >> into a report for my trainer. >> Can you help. >> >> Thanks.
change your list options or get your account info for >> NFBCS: >>
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbcs_nfbnet.org/paul%40yorkfamily. >> com