[NFBCS] Adding screen reader to android ROM

Reece O'Bryan reeceobryan at icloud.com
Tue Feb 23 22:39:02 UTC 2021

Hi,
I just got an Google Pixel 4 and I am wanting to run a custom ROM. I really am wanting either Graphene OS or Calyx for maximum security, but I am leaning more toward Graphene. Here is the issue. Neither of these rams have talkback preinstalled on them like stock android. Would I be able to install the ROM on my pixel and then use fDroid or Aurora to install Talk Back?

I have spoken with the developer of Graphene and he thinks I would need to install both RHVoice for TTS and then Talk Back. Does this sound correct? Could I just install talk back or do I also need to install RHVoice?

Any other thoughts or suggestions are welcome. Also curious if anyone else has tried something similar with a third-party wrong.

Thank you,

-Reece O’Bryan
C: (502)-827-3724
1645 Parkway, Sevierville, TN 37862