[NFBCS] PDF accessibility is crazy

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon Jul 12 14:43:24 UTC 2021

I'm taking a series of workshops this week, and all the access links are in
a PDF.  I opened the document on 3 different machines in 4 different ways,
but it only really worked on one.

On my laptop, I tried opening it with Firefox andChrome, and neither worked
well enough to use.

In Adobe BC, I tried opening it on my old Windows 7 PC, and that sort of
worked, but not great. But it does work OK on my Windows10 laptop with Adobe
BC, thank Goodness.

Why does accessibility have to be so complicated!

I tried to figure out if my 2 machines are running different versions of
Adobe BC, but can't find where it keeps the version#.

If I download whatever Adobe I find onto my other laptop, is it likely to
work, or is it only certain versions that work well?  The version that works
is on my work laptop, so may be a pro version.

Really, it's insane to have to try so many things to find the one that is
accessible.

Tracy