[NFBCS] Any sound editors out there with a good idea?

Doug Lee dgl at dlee.org
Wed May 26 21:20:14 UTC 2021

You probably don't want to go to this trouble unless this is a frequent occurrence, but...

There is a command-line tool for manipulation of sound and sound files. Called Sound eXchange, SoX, it can be found at http://sox.sourceforge.net

One feature of this program is that a line like "sox file1.wav file2.wav file3.wav file4.mp3" will concatenate three wav files into one mp3 file. (Actually writing an MP3 file may require download of separate library files
for patent reasons though.)

If you routinely get a set of files and an ordered list of how to string them together, writing a little program, such as in Python, to automatically do the job would probably not be that hard to do.