[NFBCS] IRC Client

Louis Maher ljmaher03 at outlook.com
Tue Sep 7 18:51:04 UTC 2021

Hello,

In the future, I will use the Internet Relay Chat (IRC) system to take minutes at meetings.  I am new to IRC. I will be using a windows 10 system.

I have been trying to use the World Wide Web Consortium's public IRC web client at
"https://irc.w3.org/".

If I open this client, and go to the channel (#irchelp), and hit enter, I am taken into that channel.  I am in an edit field.  If I type the command (/help who), and hit enter, I do not see any response.  I am using JAWS 2021 and also NVDA.  I have looked around using the JAWS and touch cursors.  I have used the screen review and object review mode with NVDA as well.

Does anyone know where the command output is?  Do you have a favorite IRC client?

I have heard of the MIRC client.

Thank you.

Regards
Louis Maher