[NFBCS] Switch to iPhone?

Brian Buhrow buhrow at nfbcal.org
Fri Sep 17 22:08:45 UTC 2021

	hello.  I have been an iPhone user for just over 8 years, having started with an iPhone 5
and graduating to an iPhone 6S 3 years ago.  As iPhone users go, I am a relative newcomer.
Having said that, I use it for many tasks, so I believe my level of dexterity with iOS devices
is pretty good.

	To answer your question regarding reliability, I don't believe you'll have the type of
issues you're describing with your Android  phone with an iPhone.  Both iOS devices, i.e.
iPhone, and Android devices are complicated computers doing many things at once, so there will
be times when your iPhone is doing something you won't understand.  However, this is almost
always due to something you haven't yet learned about your iPhone.  I use my phone for work
while on the move and I find it to be  extremely stable, very reliable and, for the most part,
not frustrating to use.  In other words, if you switch  to an iPhone, I think you'll be very
happy and wonder why you didn't switch earlier.

	I don't know if you like big phones or small ones, but if you're okay with something a bit
smaller, I suggest the iPhone SE2 with 128G or 256G of flash storage.  This phone is fast,
compact and costs a *LOT* less then one of the new iPhone 13 models.  It's based on the A13
processor, which is a very low-power, fast processor for phones of today.

Hope this helps.

-Brian