[NFBCS] Dropbox frustrations, and a question are there other services my dropbox that are screen reader friendly?

maurice mines maurice at maurice-amines.com
Fri Sep 24 21:36:23 UTC 2021

Good afternoon everyone, my subject line pretty much states the reason why am writing the email. Over the last month or so my issues with dropbox have just multiplied expeditiously. Unfortunately they have mounted, finally this month the company told me that my dropbox plus account has run out of storage. They then suggested that I upgrade to the pro plan. The only reason why this is become an issue is that I do a lot of sending portions of my podcast to a friend who can actually hear well enough to tell if there are problems in the podcast audio. In truth, I don't need 3 TB of storage. Under my plus account I don't believe I used 2 TB of storage. But because of the amount update it that I was sending to the person who had normal hearing, Dropbox had exceeded my storage limit. So I signed up parts the dropbox pro plan which but give me 3 TB Storage. But again I don't need that much per minute storage. It is only because they send MP3 files that range between 50 megabytes and 350 megabytes.

So dropbox proceeded to charge me for the plus account basically $12, but then three days later in the month my bank thanking then went be potential fraud informed me that there was about to be another charge from dropbox, after some investigation I discovered that they were trying to charge me for the pro plan only three days after collecting the plus subscription fee.

Unfortunately my attempts to contact the company help resulted in me discovering that the company's website has much to be desired when attempting to use the web sight appears to be largely screen reader hospital. Another words not very accessible. That's necessitated me having to get help from a cited family member. When decided family member attempted to access the same data on the company's website the studded family member began to encounter and extremely confusing website. To put it mildly I'm at the end of my rope, and patience with this company's website because both voiceover and jaws have not proven to be of any use but this website. So I'm looking for another way to continue producing, Recording and distributing my podcast audio to a very small group of friends who have a greed to listen to the audio to make sure that it is up the Best quality audio that I can produce. Does anyone have any suggestions, or advice on how to deal with this issue?

You can search for "my life as a duck blind person” that's the name of the podcast that I put out every month. The main point of this podcast is to give helpful tips to duck blind people, and remind members of the general public that barn or not totally deaf, and/or totally blind. Yes we read braille, no our hearing is very compromised. Yes we do you like music, but no we can't hear the person next to us at times when having a conversation.

Finally in addition to being deaf blind I also have a written expression disorder something similar to dyslexia of writing, I can read braille just fine. That means that this email has been dictated to the computer while using apples built-in dictation software. Even though there may be errors in the written text above, I hope that the text it's understandable for the most part. If there's something that you truly do not understand, please reach out to me and asked me what my original intent may have been, I look forward to clearing up any misunderstandings that may arise from the written text above. Thank you for reading this?

maurice Mines
Maurice mines.
Board member, National Federation of the blind deaf blind division.
Vice president National Federation a of the blind of California Bakersfield chapter.
Amateur radio call sign kd0iko.
Direct phone number,  661-241-3788