[NFBCS] Dropbox frustrations, and a question are there other services my dropbox that are screen reader friendly?

Shane Lowe shane at mediate.tech
Mon Sep 27 15:52:01 UTC 2021

If you're interested in another suggestion, I would highly recommend Open Drive.
Depending on how  much space you need, you can pay $5.00 or $10.00 per
month (they also have annual options) and the $10.00 option includes
unlimited space and bandwidth so you'll never run into the issue you
had with Dropbox. Their website is accessible, and I've worked with
them pretty extensively when I've had issues, and they are responsive.
I am surprised Dropbox is giving you this issue at all, but it seems
to be a bandwidth problem. OpenDrive would definitely solve that for
you. Please let me know if I can clarify anything! :)

On 9/26/21, Joel Isaac via NFBCS <nfbcs at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Hi Maurice, I sympathize with your frustration. Your email is timely because
> I just clear the contents of my dropbox and it removes it to one drive which
> is by Microsoft. One drive is accessible in that it integrates with the
> windows file so it’s pretty well integrated and you can share with others.
> There are a lot of other storage file sharing services like Apple‘s iCloud,
> Google drive, edit other ones but I’m not so familiar with
>

> Hope this helps, ==J
>

>> On Sep 26, 2021, at 11:31 AM, rjaquiss via NFBCS <nfbcs at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hello:
>>
>>     I use DropBox on Windows. I don't like the recent changes to the user
>> interface. My solution is to tread the DropBox folder like any other
>> directory. I can use the explorer and open the DropBox folder and once
>> inside, it looks and acts like any other folder. I can create folders and
>> copy files. Pressing shift+f10 opens the menu and I can select the link to
>> copy a link. The link can be emailed in order to share the folder.
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Robert

>> NFBCS: