[NFBCS] Jumping lines in terminal emulation

Brian Buhrow buhrow at nfbcal.org
Mon Aug 8 20:24:50 UTC 2022

	hello Tracy.  While I don't know about the specifics of your terminal program, what you're
describing sounds like the terminal is, for some reason, redrawing your screen, which can cause
the jumping behavior you're describing.  Are there two profiles you can look at for each of the
connections: the one to the session that works and the one to the session that doesn't?
I'm assuming you checked the profile  settings on the mainframe for each connection, but did
you check the settings on Humming Bird for each connection?
I'm thinking there may be differences between the way Humming Bird is configured for each of
the connections.  It could be something like
different color settings, or the way the cursor is displayed, or the method of drawing the
terminal on the screen.  Certainly something is different, and if everything on the mainframes
is the same, then the difference must be local to Humming Bird.

	Another possibility, though I'm guessing this is  highly unlikely, is that the two
mainframes are running different versions of software and they communicate slightly differently
with Humming Bird.

Hope these ramblings trigger something that helps solve the issue.

-Brian