[NFBCS] USING LINODE CLOUD SERVERS

Brian Buhrow buhrow at nfbcal.org
Tue Aug 16 03:21:09 UTC 2022

	Hello Charles.  I've not used the two products you mentioned, but in looking at the
documentation, and given my experience with other aspects of their product lines, they should
be just as accessible via the command line.  They truly understand how powerful it is to be
able to script all of your operations in your favorite interpretive environment -- something
Amazon hasn't fully appreciated yet.

And, addressing Peter's comment up thread, be aware that Linode isn't free and in order for you
to take advantage of the credit, you will need to provide a valid payment method for them to use
when you set up the account.  So, I would only suggest using their service if you have a
legitimate ongoing need for such a service and be prepared to pay for that service going
forward.  To paraphrase old time bank adds, there are most likely substantial penalties for
early withdrawal.

-thanks
-Brian