[NFBCS] Linux Screen Readers

Jim Barbour jbar at barcore.com
Sun Aug 21 13:00:18 UTC 2022

I am not aware of any screen readers that work well with X windows, except for orca. Orca runs on top of gnome, which imposes extra rules on its clients so that the necessary data is made available to orca.

There are, in my opinion, better commandline screen meters. YASR is a good one. But again, it only works in a terminal.

Sorry I don’t have better news,

Jim

Written while on the move,,