[NFBCS] Fixing laptop

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Aug 26 12:48:44 UTC 2022

A couple years ago I bought a laptop with the old kind of hard drive, not
SSD.

It's ridiculously slow, even slower than my very old PC with its old non-SSD
drive.

Could someone, like Geeksquad, put in an SSD drive instead, and would it
help?

Or, how hard would it be for me, or someone, to wipe out the little bit of
stuff I've put on it so I could pass a clean machine on to someone else?  My
only concern is that I set up mail on it, though it never worked well.

I think I have a Windows disk somewhere, if I have to hunt it out.  Or is it
possible to just wipe out what I put into Windows Mail?

I want to either fix this machine or move it on.  There's a place in my
state that takes donated machines and set them up for blind people to use,
and I wouldn't mind giving it to them.  Maybe they can make it better than I
can.  But I don't want my personal data on it.

Thanks.

Tracy